078 SWF Gathering 16 December 2023

[10:00 AM] Miranda Barrowstone: Welcome to Safe Waters Foundation weekly aquatic support gathering. My name is Miranda. I will be leading today’s meeting.
[10:00 AM] Miranda Barrowstone: hi Di
[10:00 AM] Miranda Barrowstone: Welcome new and old aquatics and friends!
[10:01 AM] Miranda Barrowstone: Safe waters foundation (SWF) is a not-for-profit group supporting the development of harmony and safety for merfolk and aquatics of second life, we bring together designers, retailers, sims, merrow, mermen, mermaids, siren, aquatics and lovers of same.
[10:01 AM] Miranda Barrowstone: People seem to arrive late and depart early. Please don’t be offended but as leader I will try to keep the meeting going. We don’t repeat things for latecomers – a log is posted on our blog after the meeting. This is not a place for public debate – this is a helpful place. we all help each other slive an aquatic lifestyle.
10:02 AM: Leslie Baragula: hello everyone
[10:02 AM] CeeBest Resident: hi Leslie
[10:02 AM] Miranda Barrowstone: tala
10:02 AM: Moon Waterstone (moon.heartsong): Tala
10:02 AM: Moon Waterstone (moon.heartsong): my fins are in shop lol
[10:02 AM] Emerald Best (Emerald Farspire): tala Leslie tala every one
[10:02 AM] Miranda Barrowstone: Because we usually have good attendance – please take a moment to remove all extra attachments and huds. We’d like you to dress low lag. Big poofy hair and jewelry are big culprits, as are bubbles, script things, huds, and such. If we all cooperate, more merfolk can participate with less crashing. Thank you for your help with this.
[10:03 AM] CeeBest Resident: Tala.
[10:03 AM] CeeBest Resident: tala Miranda
[10:03 AM] Miranda Barrowstone: so how was yer week merfolk?
[10:03 AM] Emerald Best (Emerald Farspire): fantastic how was yours ?
[10:03 AM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): mine was good
[10:03 AM] Miranda Barrowstone: its was ok
[10:04 AM] ?????? ??s???? (Neve Nebula): I’m really sick, probably covid, so had to give up my weekend at Wanderlust sale 🙁
[10:04 AM] Miranda Barrowstone: oof I’m sorry boo
[10:04 AM] CeeBest Resident: sorry to hear that cheeky .. hope you recover soon though
[10:04 AM] Dianna Muircastle: Oh Neve, I am so sorry.
[10:05 AM] Miranda Barrowstone: get as much rest as you need. don’t feel bad.
[10:05 AM] Emerald Best (Emerald Farspire): speedy recovery Cheeky
[10:05 AM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): take good care of you!!
[10:05 AM] ?????? ??s???? (Neve Nebula): thanks all you lovely fishies <3
[10:05 AM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): dang that covid
[10:07 AM] Miranda Barrowstone: Our priority today is support – we’re all here to help each other, cause we’re awesome like that.
[10:08 AM] Miranda Barrowstone: okay so the order is my introduction-done, introduce the new folks, sharing questions, ideas, and support to help each other-ie; tails, hair, bodies, AOs, requests, etc, then PSAs and promotion of events, sales or what ever else needs to be shared, then I close us out with our goals, maybe a group hug and picture.
[10:08 AM] Miranda Barrowstone: so here we go ?
[10:08 AM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): so IM Miranda soon if you want to share things later in the gatherring time
[10:08 AM] Miranda Barrowstone: ?
[10:08 AM] Miranda Barrowstone: Introductions
If you have brought someone new to this gathering, please introduce them now. If you are new and wish to introduce yourself please do so now.
just click on the podium to sit on it or sit were you are if thats just easier.
[10:09 AM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): o Persi – nice Christmas colors
[10:09 AM] Miranda Barrowstone: A very short sentence is all that is needed – for example: hi, I am (your name) and I discovered aquatics (brief description of how you found us) and what I love about being aquatic is (explain here).
[10:09 AM] Miranda Barrowstone: hey Persi ?
[10:09 AM] Persi (Persiphone Karu): Tala everyone
[10:09 AM] Miranda Barrowstone: so any new folk today?
[10:10 AM] Merriweather (Merriweather Lyric): Persi!
[10:10 AM] Merriweather (Merriweather Lyric): ~Tala~
[10:10 AM] Matriarch Mermaid (Grace) is Offline
[10:10 AM] Miranda Barrowstone: I’m gonna take this as a no
[10:10 AM] Miranda Barrowstone: so lets move on to tech support
[10:11 AM] Matriarch Mermaid (Grace) is Online
[10:11 AM] Miranda Barrowstone: welcome back grace
[10:11 AM] Miranda Barrowstone: Questions and support requests
Now – what general questions can we discuss here today? Where do our aquatics need help? If you wish to share here – please im me so that I can call on you.
[10:11 AM] Persi (Persiphone Karu): ((Tala Matriach Grace))
[10:12 AM] Miranda Barrowstone: popular topics include tails, aos, things that make merfolking in sl easier
[10:12 AM] Paper Blossom: I am so srry
[10:12 AM] Paper Blossom: tech issues lol
[10:13 AM] Miranda Barrowstone: it happens. you good now?
[10:13 AM] Miranda Barrowstone: Teddy you have the stick
[10:13 AM] – ?? Teddy Bear ??- (TeddySnuggleBear Littlepaws): Will there be a Mermaid Christmas Ball?
[10:13 AM] Miranda Barrowstone: no idea
[10:13 AM] Miranda Barrowstone: anyone?
[10:14 AM] Miranda Barrowstone: mermaid christmas ball? anyone?
[10:14 AM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): welcome Marilina
[10:14 AM] Moon Waterstone (Moon Heartsong): not heard anything from haven sims
[10:14 AM] ?????? ??s???? (Neve Nebula): Paper – you need to either find an empty cushion to sit on – or right click on the edge of a bench and sit.
[10:14 AM] larx3 Resident: ciao a tutti
[10:14 AM] larx3: Hi everyone
[10:14 AM] Miss Marilina of Shadowcats (Marilina Antonioni): Tala
[10:14 AM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): come on it, find a seat and IM Miranda if you have an announcement to share (she will call you when its your turn_
[10:15 AM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): (sits and listens like a good mermaid)
[10:15 AM] Miss Marilina of Shadowcats (Marilina Antonioni): (I am trying to sit but for some reason it does not let me…tthough I will keep trying))
[10:15 AM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): so news on Christmas events I take it
[10:16 AM] Merriweather (Merriweather Lyric) waves her fins languidly and listens quietly
[10:16 AM] Miranda Barrowstone: I don’t think theres one planned Teddy I’m sorry. there are other events though we might hear about then a bit later in the meeting
[10:17 AM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): Jingles wants to be touched but I can’t seem to do it
[10:17 AM] Miranda Barrowstone: Ceebeast would like the stick.
[10:17 AM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): is there a trick to touching him?
[10:17 AM] CeeBest Resident: someone did touch jingles already thatnks
[10:17 AM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): oooo we are to the stick turn?
[10:17 AM] CeeBest Resident: Jingles gives prezzies
[10:17 AM] Miranda Barrowstone: yes. always
[10:17 AM] CeeBest Resident: oky
[10:17 AM] CeeBest Resident: Just two points
[10:17 AM] CeeBest Resident: I have the stick ?
[10:17 AM] CeeBest Resident: thank you
[10:17 AM] Miranda Barrowstone: yes
[10:18 AM] CeeBest Resident: two points :
[10:18 AM] CeeBest Resident: first not so much a problem but one of a solution with ao issues.. .. .. when choosing to dance on a mer dance hud .. my tail was going out of shape..has anyone noticed that ? what solution do mers normally recommend .. I found a tail fixer on MP that seemed to help a lot.. I don’t know if there’s any other thing that mers use
[10:18 AM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): there are new dance animations for the bento tails – it means purchasing ones that work for your tail type – rather than use dance ball
[10:19 AM] Miranda Barrowstone: my tail is oldschool so I just turn off my ao
[10:19 AM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): used to have a store at the Fanci’s Deep mer mall – you can sample them with the dolphin dance ball on our dance floor
[10:20 AM] ?????? ??s???? (Neve Nebula): CeeBest – it depends how the dance animation has been rigged – if the tail bones are positioned too close together, or too far apart on position, they’ll actually work like a deformer. I see you’re in Nemissa, so there’s quite a limitation on tail animation – if you’re dancing on traditional 5J mer dances, I’d use the Nemissa included AO hud, to keep some movement in your tail.
[10:20 AM] CeeBest Resident: what I did found that had a “fix” .. I don’t know if anyone has used it . .if you search on MP for “mermaid tail fix” it corrects the sit for a mer .. which is what happens when you sit on a dance.. it goes into the sit position
[10:20 AM] CeeBest Resident: this is especially a problem if you use a tail with a built in ao .. but the tail fix seems to straighten it
[10:21 AM] ?????? ??s???? (Neve Nebula): If you have a Cove tail, they have a mini-AO in the box, which works really well with nemissa <3
[10:21 AM] CeeBest Resident: okay!
[10:21 AM] CeeBest Resident: tx
[10:21 AM] CeeBest Resident: I love to dance .you see. so am asking lol
[10:21 AM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): I love to dance too but have simple old tail
[10:22 AM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): love that others can share the more advanced answers!!
[10:22 AM] Miranda Barrowstone: Moon also wants the stick. are you good Cee?
[10:22 AM] CeeBest Resident: Am fine .. thank you very much
[10:22 AM] Miranda Barrowstone: ok moon go ahead
[10:22 AM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): wo many incredible avatars today!
[10:22 AM] Miranda Barrowstone: ?
[10:23 AM] Moon Waterstone (Moon Heartsong): well i have found after testing many poses both mer and human that some human poses that are bento are useable for our tails
[10:23 AM] Moon Waterstone (Moon Heartsong): like sitting poses for photos
[10:24 AM] ?????? ??s???? (Neve Nebula): Oh yes moon – many photo poses will work 🙂 And Nemissa tail has a built in poser, and there are several other posers that will work too 🙂
[10:24 AM] Moon Waterstone (Moon Heartsong): wanted to share this as poses for us are limited
[10:24 AM] Moon Waterstone (Moon Heartsong): thats all
[10:24 AM] Miranda Barrowstone: thank you ?
[10:24 AM] Moon Waterstone (Moon Heartsong): yw
[10:25 AM] Miranda Barrowstone: okay anyone else?
[10:25 AM] Miranda Barrowstone: okay we’ll swim on then ?
[10:26 AM] Miranda Barrowstone: thank you all for contributing ?
[10:26 AM] Miranda Barrowstone: Quick reminders/announcements

Ad boards are awesome because they can help newer merfolk and aquatics find places to swim. If you need mer traffic, please consider renting an ad board.
[10:26 AM] Miranda Barrowstone: Perks include helping the group and being allowed to post ads in the group chat twice per week. Add in the fact that anyone can ask for the stick and that is great exposure.
[10:27 AM] Miranda Barrowstone: You might also consider being a hang out.

Be sure to visit the safe waters foundation web site and event calendar at https://swfsl.com/
[10:27 AM] Dolma Dollinger: ((Have to go. see you!))
[10:27 AM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): ok Dolma thanks for dropping in
[10:27 AM] Miranda Barrowstone: take care thanks for coming
[10:28 AM] Miranda Barrowstone: and now…
Public service announcements
Now we allow a limited time for publicity. Who has something fun to share? A store, new sim, event, or news? If you wish to share here – please im me so that I can call on you.
[10:28 AM] Miranda Barrowstone: When you are called on (and given our invisible talking stick) please swim up to this podium (so people can see you to im if needed) and share (very briefly and preferable in two or three sentences typed in advance as our meeting time is limited)
[10:29 AM] Miranda Barrowstone: so please im me if you need to share. and Vesper you have the stick ?
[10:29 AM] ? ?????? ?????-???????? ? (Vesper Absinthe): (Also, can just call me V, saves typing!)
[10:29 AM] Miranda Barrowstone: okay dokey ?
[10:29 AM] ? ?????? ?????-???????? ? (Vesper Absinthe): Sunday at 4pm I am hosting the first Merman Meetup!

The Merman Meetup is aimed at building and strengthening the community among men in the aquatics world. This gathering is the perfect platform for men who are involved in and passionate about aquatic life in SL. It’s an opportunity to connect, share experiences, and foster a sense of brotherhood, camaraderie, and support within this unique group. This gathering is to facilitate networking, learn from each other, and promote a sense of unity and collaboration among men who share a love for the water and the mer community.
[10:30 AM] ? ?????? ?????-???????? ? (Vesper Absinthe): So any and all mermen are invited to join us!
[10:30 AM] Miranda Barrowstone: I’ll send my brother he needs friends
[10:30 AM] Merriweather (Merriweather Lyric): must one be human sized to join?
[10:31 AM] ?????? ??s???? (Neve Nebula): yayyy V! I hope you guys have a great meeting!
[10:31 AM] ? ?????? ?????-???????? ? (Vesper Absinthe): Nope!
[10:31 AM] ? ?????? ?????-???????? ? (Vesper Absinthe): As long as you are a guy, then you are welcome!
[10:31 AM] Merriweather (Merriweather Lyric): I’ll see if Van is about on Sunday
[10:31 AM] CeeBest Resident: ty
[10:31 AM] Persi (Persiphone Karu): Any size as long as they are male… that is wonderful I hope you have a great turn out
[10:31 AM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): much needed thanks V
[10:32 AM] ? ?????? ?????-???????? ? (Vesper Absinthe): Don’t even have to be anthro, either – hippocampi, etc, also welcome.
[10:32 AM] Miss Marilina of Shadowcats (Marilina Antonioni): Me too, I think is a wonderful things to do for our mermen
[10:32 AM] Persi (Persiphone Karu): so many of our mermen have fallen by the wayside
[10:32 AM] CeeBest Resident: and that is a real pity
[10:32 AM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): we all can encourage them
[10:32 AM] Miranda Barrowstone: my brother stays home a lot chipping rocks
[10:32 AM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): and help transform a few – there are so many “looks” now
[10:33 AM] ? ?????? ?????-???????? ? (Vesper Absinthe): It’s often hard to find other men in the community to connect with and sometimes they fall away because of lack of seeing other men and they might feel as if they don’t “belong” – so hopefully, this will help with that.
[10:33 AM] Merriweather (Merriweather Lyric) makes a note to remind Van to look about for petite male mer stuffs
[10:33 AM] Moon Waterstone (Moon Heartsong): ill tell my two dads they are mer
[10:33 AM] Miranda Barrowstone: good there we go
[10:33 AM] ? ?????? ?????-???????? ? (Vesper Absinthe): ?
[10:33 AM] ? ?????? ?????-???????? ? (Vesper Absinthe): The more the merrier, and a notice will go out before the meeting ?
[10:34 AM] Merriweather (Merriweather Lyric): the notice will help – Van doesn’t get in world much
[10:35 AM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): check to see if you have checked the notice box in our group profile
[10:35 AM] ? ?????? ?????-???????? ? (Vesper Absinthe): Just got a bit of feedback so I may add a second day at an earlier time for UK/EU – I am UK, but have a weird schedule.
[10:35 AM] Miranda Barrowstone: well this might encourage him
[10:35 AM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): to get such info
10:35 AM: Outy Streeter (outlaw.streeter): sssssssssssssssssssssc
10:35 AM: Outy Streeter (outlaw.streeter): c
[10:35 AM] CeeBest Resident: would be great vesper
[10:35 AM] Moon Waterstone (Moon Heartsong): awesome
[10:35 AM] ? ?????? ?????-???????? ? (Vesper Absinthe): And I am always happy to help any mermen who do want pointers for various items, as well.
[10:36 AM] ?????? ??s???? (Neve Nebula): pls help my dead-eyed male storebot :X
[10:36 AM] Miranda Barrowstone: thank you V.
[10:36 AM] CeeBest Resident: 🙂
[10:36 AM] Miranda Barrowstone: -=giggles=-
[10:36 AM] Miranda Barrowstone: okay Grace yer up
[10:37 AM] Persi (Persiphone Karu): Miranda can that notice be posted on the Antiquity Mer group also?
[10:37 AM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): hi I’m Grace
[10:37 AM] Persi (Persiphone Karu): waves to Grace
[10:37 AM] ? ?????? ?????-???????? ? (Vesper Absinthe): I can send the notice text, Miranda.
[10:37 AM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): We are still under construction here but I encourage you to swim around and explore. The teleport hubs have been set up in the partner building for example.
[10:37 AM] Miranda Barrowstone: can try.
[10:37 AM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): oops sorry miranda
[10:37 AM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): I keep turning my back
[10:38 AM] Miranda Barrowstone: it happens
[10:38 AM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): Also there is a SWF Volunteer group if you think you’d like to help us share helpful resources with our community. No obligations to volunteer but at least you will hear our calls for help. IM me for an invite
[10:38 AM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): our community works only as well as we all help
[10:38 AM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): Would love to have another gathering like this one at a different time of day. So if anyone tells you this time doesn’t work for their schedule – encourage them to volunteer and co-lead a gathering that does work for their time zone or work schedule.
[10:39 AM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): I can help get it started
[10:39 AM] ? ?????? ?????-???????? ? (Vesper Absinthe) raises hand
[10:39 AM] ? ?????? ?????-???????? ? (Vesper Absinthe): I am happy to have one at a later time.
[10:39 AM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): also this pavilion will be having more events here – we don’t charge and are looking for people who want to teach some classes
[10:39 AM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): yes V?
[10:39 AM] Merriweather (Merriweather Lyric): I’m impressed that so many are here in the midst of the holidays
[10:39 AM] ? ?????? ?????-???????? ? (Vesper Absinthe): I’d be happy to have one at 4-5pm.
[10:39 AM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): ok Vesper – lets talk later
[10:40 AM] ? ?????? ?????-???????? ? (Vesper Absinthe): Ofc! xx
[10:40 AM] Persi (Persiphone Karu): 4pm sl time?
[10:40 AM] ? ?????? ?????-???????? ? (Vesper Absinthe): Yes 🙂
[10:40 AM] ?????? ??s???? (Neve Nebula): I’m not entirely sure how helpful a split meeting would be.
[10:40 AM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): not a split meeting Cheeky
[10:40 AM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): another opportunity for those in dif time zones
[10:40 AM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): also – I’m home for Christmas and will be here
[10:40 AM] Miss Marilina of Shadowcats (Marilina Antonioni): I think is a wonderful idea
[10:40 AM] ?????? ??s???? (Neve Nebula): You limit the audience of promotional messaged reaching people – for example, I would never be able to promo at a 4pm meeting
[10:41 AM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): there are others like me I know – do feel free to come in and celebrate
[10:41 AM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): one doesn’t have to cut back on what you get here Cheeky
[10:41 AM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): they may have other resources to share in their time zones
[10:41 AM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): make the pie bigger – don’t fight over the pieces
[10:41 AM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): ok I”m done
[10:41 AM] Miss Marilina of Shadowcats (Marilina Antonioni): maybe someone can pss the promo announcement from one meeting to the other so non is lost
[10:41 AM] Persi (Persiphone Karu): notices can be sent out with relevant info from any meeting
[10:42 AM] Miss Marilina of Shadowcats (Marilina Antonioni): yes what persi says
[10:42 AM] ? ?????? ?????-???????? ? (Vesper Absinthe) raises hand
[10:42 AM] ? ?????? ?????-???????? ? (Vesper Absinthe): I have an idea?
[10:42 AM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid) passes stick to Miranda
[10:43 AM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): im me V
[10:43 AM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): please
[10:43 AM] Miranda Barrowstone: thanks Grace. whats up V?
[10:43 AM] ? ?????? ?????-???????? ? (Vesper Absinthe): ?
[10:43 AM] ? ?????? ?????-???????? ? (Vesper Absinthe): Oh, will poke Grace ?
[10:43 AM] Miranda Barrowstone: okay nvm
[10:43 AM] Miranda Barrowstone: okay I have two shares
[10:43 AM] Miranda Barrowstone: one.. Pirate Santa is comming
[10:44 AM] Miranda Barrowstone: Friday, December 22nd, 2023
3:00 pm SLT
Pirate Santa sails into Shipwreck Cove to deliver
gifts to all the ragamuffins and scamps.

merfolk acess: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Antiquity%20Texas/148/135/19
[10:44 AM] Miranda Barrowstone: as of this Monday however the cove is open to visit before hand including the mermaid pool
[10:45 AM] Miranda Barrowstone: so to make slife easier and not make us crawl out of the water.. we have the telepool
[10:46 AM] Miranda Barrowstone: we just use that to get in to the cove where we can meet pirate santa
[10:46 AM] Moon Waterstone (Moon Heartsong): (apologizes i am needed )
[10:46 AM] Miranda Barrowstone: and grab a gift from the santa sack next to his seashell throne
[10:47 AM] Miranda Barrowstone: take care Moon. you can read the log later on the web
[10:47 AM] Miranda Barrowstone: okay tell the kids
[10:48 AM] Miranda Barrowstone: So, I’m Miranda and I come from Antiquity.
we have 16 sims to swim through, homes available, shopping spaces, mer spots, and active groups.
[10:48 AM] Miranda Barrowstone: We are totally inclusive, kids, mers, furs, landers all welcome.
LGBT+ friendly, we even allow for mer toplessness under water.
[10:49 AM] Miranda Barrowstone: Just don’t flash the humans cause they faint.
[10:49 AM] Persi (Persiphone Karu): for sure… or else shoot their own boat
[10:49 AM] Miranda Barrowstone: Pirate Santa would laugh but it’s a hazard
[10:49 AM] LowriOwen Resident: (excuse me i have to leave x)
[10:49 AM] Miranda Barrowstone: take care thanks for coming
[10:50 AM] Miranda Barrowstone: we have a system called TCS. its a craft/trade/rp system that allows you to trade goods with other mers or landers. You can harvest and create things.
[10:50 AM] Miranda Barrowstone: So if you have any questions, or need lms please shoot me an im. Persu em ?
[10:50 AM] Miranda Barrowstone: we have 10 minutes would anyone else like to share?
[10:51 AM] Miranda Barrowstone: I’ll take that as a no
[10:51 AM] Merriweather (Merriweather Lyric) nods
[10:51 AM] Miranda Barrowstone: well we can adjorn.
[10:52 AM] Miss Marilina of Shadowcats (Marilina Antonioni): Thank you for the wonderful meeting.
[10:52 AM] CeeBest Resident: all good here.. very interesting . i enjoy coming to these meeting
[10:52 AM] Miranda Barrowstone: ?
[10:52 AM] Miranda Barrowstone: This meeting is now adjourned. Remember our SWF goals:

  • to assist those considering an underwater life
  • to increase awareness in the general public that there is an underwater option
  • to make mer resources (events, projects, groups, retailers, sims, designers) visible and easily accessible
  • to assist, as possible, with the viability of mer resources so they may continue to be available to the community
  • to promote the conservation of rl oceans, lakes and waterways and the nature that relies on them

Now go mingle and explore! Thanks for joining us this day!!