100 SWF Gathering 18 May 2024

[12:01 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: Welcome to Safe Waters Foundation weekly aquatic support gathering. My name is Miranda. I will be leading today’s meeting.

Welcome new and old aquatics and friends!
[12:02 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: Safe waters foundation (SWF) is a not-for-profit group supporting the development of harmony and safety for merfolk and aquatics of second life, we bring together designers, retailers, sims, merrow, mermen, mermaids, siren, aquatics and lovers of same.
[12:03 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: People seem to arrive late and depart early. Please don’t be offended but as leader I will try to keep the meeting going. We don’t repeat things for latecomers – a log is posted on our blog after the meeting. This is not a place for public debate – this is a helpful place. we all help each other slive an aquatic lifestyle.
[12:04 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: Because we usually have good attendance – please take a moment to remove all extra attachments and huds. We’d like you to dress low lag. Big poofy hair and jewelry are big culprits, as are bubbles, script things, huds, and such. If we all cooperate, more merfolk can participate with less crashing. Thank you for your help with this.
[12:04 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: so how was yer week seafolk?
[12:04 PM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid) de00fs her hair
[12:04 PM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): depoof
[12:04 PM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): mine was spent RL fighting a flu bug
[12:05 PM] Tirea Naring (TsioSan Ruby): Week was problematic. I think someone tried to hack my account.
[12:05 PM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): but I’m not contagious!
[12:05 PM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): ooooooooooooooo nooooooooo
[12:05 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: try to grab a pillow mate
[12:06 PM] Nicholas Hawthorne: i’ve spent most of this week in rl getting ready for a choir concert of which tonights the second one
[12:06 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: okay anyone have something cool happen this week?
[12:06 PM] Clarence The Cross-eyed Dinkie (binghamton Resident): I’m an idiot, but I’m not contagious either. :3
[12:06 PM] Julia Ceres: lol
[12:06 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: thats awesome Nick
[12:07 PM] Nicholas Hawthorne: it’s been a bit crazy
[12:07 PM] Isskald Resident: Tala
[12:07 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: sounds nice though. I haven’t been in a choir in ages
[12:07 PM] Jaxxe Atheria: preparing to visit a friend next weekend ^^
[12:07 PM] Lily Lewellen: ~Tala~
[12:07 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: thats wonderful ?
[12:08 PM] Clarence The Cross-eyed Dinkie (binghamton Resident): i was kicked out of choir…. apparently i could not sing
[12:08 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: aww
[12:08 PM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): I hum
[12:08 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: but we love when you sing here
[12:08 PM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): they need hummers
[12:08 PM] Nicholas Hawthorne: 😀
[12:08 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: I better move us on
[12:09 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: Our priority today is support – we’re all here to help each other, cause we’re awesome like that.
[12:09 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: okay so the order is my introduction-done, introduce the new folks, sharing questions, ideas, and support to help each other-ie; tails, hair, bodies, AOs, requests, etc, then PSAs and promotion of events, sales or what ever else needs to be shared, then I close us out with our goals, maybe a group hug and picture.

So here we go!!
[12:09 PM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid) snaps on her seat belt
[12:10 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: Introductions
If you have brought someone new to this gathering, please introduce them now. If you are new and wish to introduce yourself please do so now.
just click on the podium to sit on it or sit were you are if thats just easier.
[12:10 PM] Isskald Resident: I do have a question about the odyssey tail
[12:10 PM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): there is a section for that sort of discussion Isskald
[12:10 PM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): patience
[12:10 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: we’ll get to that after we intro the new folk
[12:11 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: A very short sentence is all that is needed – for example: hi, I am (your name) and I discovered aquatics (brief description of how you found us) and what I love about being aquatic is (explain here).
[12:11 PM] ? ??????? ??’???????? ? (Vesper Absinthe) raises hand! “I have a new catch!”
[12:11 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: so any new folk today?
[12:11 PM] ? ??????? ??’???????? ? (Vesper Absinthe) gestures to Vez.
[12:11 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: sweet
[12:11 PM] Vezryl (LotusLex Resident): Hello, I am Vez! I am new to mer and a friend of Vel’s. I really have fallen in love with the community and want to get involved, especially with creating things!
[12:11 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: tala Vez, would you like to talk about your self?
[12:11 PM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): welcome Vez!!
[12:11 PM] Thomas Meriwether Swift (GMMSilverstar Resident): VERY cool
[12:12 PM] Dany Merrow greetingly waves into Vez’ direction
[12:12 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: sorry slow typer*
[12:12 PM] Vezryl (LotusLex Resident): im super excited to be here! 🙂
[12:12 PM] ?????? ????????ƒ (CorrinaRavenswing Resident): Tala & Welcome Vez 😀
[12:12 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: thats totally awesome welcome ?
[12:12 PM] Clarence The Cross-eyed Dinkie (binghamton Resident): there is always room for more creators
[12:13 PM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): absoltely – we try to support and promote creators of all sorts
[12:13 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: totally
[12:13 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: okay anyone else?
[12:13 PM] Vezryl (LotusLex Resident): Thats amazing! Ive already made some lipsticks, so im hitting the ground running 😀
[12:14 PM] Dany Merrow: ^^
[12:14 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: nice ? wonders if she can get away with wearing lipstick at home
[12:14 PM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid) imagines briny red lipsticks for mer
[12:15 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: welcome again. and move on to Q&A
[12:15 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: Questions and support requests
Now – what general questions can we discuss here today? Where do our aquatics need help? If you wish to share here – please im me so that I can call on you.
[12:15 PM] ????? ????????? Ð??g??ß??? (jrm406 Resident): raises hand Hi I’m James DragonBorn Fiancee to Dakota Ravenwolf just here to observe with intrest 🙂
[12:15 PM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): welcome James and congratulations on the upcoming ceremonies
[12:15 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: thats fine, welcome ?
[12:16 PM] ????? ????????? Ð??g??ß??? (jrm406 Resident): Thank you Grace
[12:16 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: if you have any pressing questions about merfolking in sl now is a great time to ask.
[12:16 PM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): Isskald?
[12:16 PM] Isskald Resident: Is this the right time to ask about the Odyssey tail?
[12:16 PM] Miranda Barrowstone whispers: now about that Odessy tail…
[12:16 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: yes
[12:17 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: this is the point you’d ask
[12:17 PM] Clarence The Cross-eyed Dinkie (binghamton Resident): LOL BULLY!!! 😀
[12:17 PM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): I don’t see a question
[12:17 PM] Ì????? (Kei Kawanishi): maybe their still typing?
[12:18 PM] Isskald Resident: Thank you. I tried the demo for two separate male bodies; Legacy and Jake. In both cases, the tail didn’t fit; there was a huge gap between the body and the tail around the hip area. Any of you found a way around this?
[12:18 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: Issk might be typing
[12:18 PM] Clarence The Cross-eyed Dinkie (binghamton Resident): sometimes it takes a book of a question… just to get a short answer :3
[12:18 PM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): gosh this sounds like a question for the mermen of SL
[12:18 PM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): Velorium – do they meet soon?
[12:19 PM] ? ??????? ??’???????? ? (Vesper Absinthe): The way to get around this is to adjust your shape ot create an alpha that is reflective of your shape overall.

The mesh and rigging were not done by Zen Child, so at the moment there is a wait for the rigger to recover from Covid.
[12:19 PM] Isskald Resident: Well. Aren’t mermen a part of this community?
[12:19 PM] ? ??????? ??’???????? ? (Vesper Absinthe): We are planning on restarting soon, I wanted to chat about that with you later!
[12:19 PM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): oh yes they are
[12:19 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: i hope so, it would be nice to get my brother out of the house.
[12:19 PM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): but sounds like more mermen issue? I often am wrong – always learning
[12:19 PM] Lily Lewellen: Yeah, the Odyessy tail is still being worked on. The rigger has been ill
[12:20 PM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): o noooo a sick rigger
[12:20 PM] ? ??????? ??’???????? ? (Vesper Absinthe): We were holding regular meetings but due to Matti and I having RL things going on, we put it on hold. We’re hoping to resume in the next few weeks.
[12:20 PM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): very excellent
[12:20 PM] ? ??????? ??’???????? ? (Vesper Absinthe): It’s most of the bodies at the moment, Grace.
[12:20 PM] ? Caspian Lundquist ? (Caspian Lundquist): Sorry, I arrived halfway through the question, but the Jake body is not very compatible with most tails……I have to wear a completely different one for that reason
[12:21 PM] Lily Lewellen: I think the Cove tail works with the male bodies atm
[12:21 PM] ? ????? ? (Minister Foxclaw) raises hand
[12:21 PM] ? Caspian Lundquist ? (Caspian Lundquist): Evolved creatures tail is what I’m using with Jake
[12:21 PM] ? ????? ? (Minister Foxclaw): As a trotpm O cam sau tjat we jabe severa; great tao;s pit tjere
[12:21 PM] Lily Lewellen: and the riptide
[12:22 PM] ? ??????? ??’???????? ? (Vesper Absinthe): I have exciting news in regards to tails, though – our lovely Mokoto, who is actually the mesher of the Odyssey, is working on a new, open-source mer tail that will be VERY low cost for those who want to get into mer but also have limited funds or need to try it out. Alec, the creator of Auro, has drawn the shape so it is wholly unique.
[12:22 PM] ? ????? ? (Minister Foxclaw): memissa legacy M, The one plastik made i forget the name, the cove tail, and the oddessy works i have their demo its legacy m, sig, jake and i think another
[12:22 PM] Isskald Resident: Thanks for the answers. Hope the person recovers soon. I will add that it shouldn’t be an “issie” that I raised something specifically relevant to mermen.
[12:23 PM] Dana Enyo is Online
[12:23 PM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): we encourage questions – thanks for bringing up the issue so others are aware
[12:23 PM] Isskald Resident: issue*
[12:23 PM] ? ????? ? (Minister Foxclaw): oh level 9 has that new shark tail as well
[12:23 PM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): ooooo new shark tail?
[12:23 PM] ? ??????? ??’???????? ? (Vesper Absinthe): There is the eel tail at Static, as well, if you’re seeking alternate tails and that is rigged to Jake.
[12:23 PM] Nicholas Hawthorne: YESH
[12:24 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: really? I so need to get in on that. will they sell the blender file so we can make smaller kid size versions?
[12:24 PM] ? ??????? ??’???????? ? (Vesper Absinthe): The eel tail does not have a legacy rig for men.
[12:24 PM] Lily Lewellen: I have the Lvl 9 shark tail. It’s quite nice
[12:24 PM] Clarence The Cross-eyed Dinkie (binghamton Resident): i shall forever be Dinkie… Tiny Inc. has a mercat if one tends to be small
[12:24 PM] ? ??????? ??’???????? ? (Vesper Absinthe): You can always ask, Miranda! Or even request a smaller version.
[12:25 PM] Lily Lewellen: Other tail that fit men is the hippocampus tail by Jinx. I’m wearing the petite version
[12:25 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: who do I ask?
[12:25 PM] ? ??????? ??’???????? ? (Vesper Absinthe): The creator, I can find out in a few.
[12:25 PM] ? ??????? ??’???????? ? (Vesper Absinthe): The Petrichor tail also fits a wide variety of bodies.
[12:25 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: thank you this will mean so much!
[12:26 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: I can finally ride my hippocamp with out splitting my tail
[12:26 PM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): it is lovely
[12:26 PM] Clarence The Cross-eyed Dinkie (binghamton Resident): mers ride side-saddle
[12:27 PM] Julia Ceres: i can ride mine fine, i just cant rez it when i need to lol
[12:27 PM] Lily Lewellen: just add to self
[12:27 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: yeah but all the animation is human side saddle
[12:27 PM] Julia Ceres: ooohh that works?
[12:27 PM] Lily Lewellen: yes
[12:27 PM] Julia Ceres: ty : )
[12:27 PM] Lily Lewellen: has a attachment adjust too.
[12:27 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: and the suggestion was I spend more money for animations that work with me
[12:28 PM] Lily Lewellen: Welcomes ^^
[12:28 PM] Amadine Abonwood: Sorry…for what?
[12:29 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: the new teegle hippocamp doesn’t have a mer sit
[12:29 PM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): ooooooooooonooooooooooooo
[12:29 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: you need a mesh tail
[12:29 PM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): did you tell them?
[12:29 PM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): ooooooooooooo
[12:29 PM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): so peopple with mesh tails are just fine
[12:29 PM] Lily Lewellen: Hmm
[12:29 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: yeah, I was handled and told to spend more money to get a mersit
[12:29 PM] Amadine Abonwood: And Teegle doesn’t have an option for Mers? Like, that’s what I would assume…so that’s just dumb they don’t.
[12:30 PM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): another reason to go mesh
[12:30 PM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): sounds like the old style mer tails have issues
[12:30 PM] Lily Lewellen: they do have a mer sit but they are for bento
[12:31 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: well this is a new branch out for them. so its likely they didn’t think that mers might still use old school tails
[12:31 PM] Lily Lewellen: I wonder if Appybottoms hippocampus horse mod mer sit would work with your tail
[12:31 PM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): I am obsolete!
[12:31 PM] Nicholas Hawthorne: YESH
[12:31 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: crud the time, we better move on
[12:31 PM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): how did you fix it Miranda
[12:32 PM] ???? ??s????? (Alec Absinthe): Tala everyone!
[12:32 PM] Lily Lewellen: I’d have to test it later with an system tail
[12:32 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: I have no idea how. I just ride my shark for now
[12:32 PM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): welcome Peaches!
[12:32 PM] Lily Lewellen: kk
[12:32 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: if I get a mesh tail that fits me then I’ll ride my hippocamp
[12:33 PM] Lily Lewellen: ~Tala~
[12:33 PM] Lily Lewellen: Peaches
[12:33 PM] Marion Sopwith (Marion698 Resident): tala peaches
[12:33 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: tala Peach
[12:33 PM] Peaches2U Camino: ~Tala~
[12:33 PM] Rhodan Fishbottoms (Rhodan Fishtail) scoots over for Alec.
[12:34 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: good discussion, went a lot of places…
[12:34 PM] Lily Lewellen: It’s what we are here for. ^^ To help other mers and seafolk of SL
[12:34 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: no ill will towards Teegle I mean they do make amazing animals. a little feedback could help improvement
[12:35 PM] Lily Lewellen: Did you ask in their discord?
[12:35 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: i’m not on it
[12:35 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: Quick reminders/announcements

Ad boards are awesome because they can help newer merfolk and aquatics find places to swim. If you need mer traffic, please consider renting an ad board.
[12:35 PM] ? ??????? ??’???????? ? (Vesper Absinthe): Always, always remember that without feedback, creators cannot grow and improve.
[12:35 PM] Lily Lewellen: They have a suggestion area in Discord
[12:35 PM] ? ??????? ??’???????? ? (Vesper Absinthe): Many do like to hear it.
[12:36 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: Perks include helping the group and being allowed to post ads in the group chat twice per week. Add in the fact that anyone can ask for the stick and that is great exposure.
[12:36 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: You might also consider being a hang out.

Be sure to visit the safe waters foundation web site and event calendar at https://swfsl.com/
[12:36 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: and now…
Public service announcements
Now we allow a limited time for publicity. Who has something fun to share? A store, new sim, event, or news? If you wish to share here – please im me so that I can call on you.
[12:37 PM] Rhodan Fishbottoms (Rhodan Fishtail): Kelpwick is a hangout now woo.
[12:37 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: sweet
[12:37 PM] Dany Merrow applauds
[12:37 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: When you are called on (and given our invisible talking stick) please swim up to this podium (so people can see you to im if needed) and share (very briefly and preferable in two or three sentences typed in advance as our meeting time is limited)
[12:37 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: so if you need the stick, IM me and we’ll get rollin’
[12:38 PM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): what flavor stick today?
[12:38 PM] Dany Merrow: and swf has allready small merhomes here, too , now . they look quite cozy 😉
[12:38 PM] Miranda Barrowstone licks it “wood”
[12:38 PM] Lily Lewellen: Ooo… new homes?
[12:39 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: Grace yer up
[12:39 PM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): yes people kept asking
[12:39 PM] Lily Lewellen will have to swim around later
[12:39 PM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): if you will check the SWF notices
[12:39 PM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): we have opened up some small mer caves for rental
[12:39 PM] Lily Lewellen: ?
[12:39 PM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): 100L for 50 prims
[12:40 PM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): and they have areas for gathering – hoping we build a little neighborhood
[12:40 PM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): more changes coming soon – I’ve been away but checked – there are caves abailable
[12:40 PM] Lily Lewellen: Yay!
[12:41 PM] Miranda Barrowstone hopes for trick or treating
[12:41 PM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid) hands a tidy stick back to Miranda
[12:41 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: thank you
[12:41 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: ok Alec yer up
[12:41 PM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): LM ti the caves is in the notices or you can IM me and I’ll drop
[12:42 PM] ???? ??s????? (Alec Absinthe): Thank you!
[12:42 PM] Lily Lewellen looks at her long list of notices after being offline for a week.
[12:42 PM] ???? ??s????? (Alec Absinthe): oh dear I’m not very good at getting u p here.
[12:42 PM] ???? ??s????? (Alec Absinthe): I am busy on working on a bunch of new things for upcoming events, but more on that in next weeks meeting 😀
[12:42 PM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): you should be able to just talk
[12:42 PM] ???? ??s????? (Alec Absinthe): But also my current events, with the Maw Tail for Riptide at Conch Island: CLick here for preview + Click here for LM (or IM me!)

And my Aether mod for Riptide at Enchantment! Click here for Preview + Click here for LM (or ask me!)
[12:42 PM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): sitting on podium gets you there fastest
[12:43 PM] Lily Lewellen: Glowie Alec
[12:43 PM] ???? ??s????? (Alec Absinthe): I do now have an AURO group where you can keep up with my releases, as well as a discord for those who prefer that (yes I’ll still always post in the SWF Discord, don’t worry!) if you’d like an invite to the in world group, let me know ?
[12:43 PM] Lily Lewellen: ?
[12:44 PM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): we are putting the swf discord on hold
[12:44 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: Tidas, yer upo
[12:44 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: up*
[12:44 PM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): encourage people to utilize the SEAFOLK of SL discord – link is wall here and in our information center
[12:44 PM] ? ????? ? (Minister Foxclaw): Tala everyyone
[12:45 PM] Jaxxe Atheria: tala
[12:45 PM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): tala
[12:45 PM] Dany Merrow: ~Tala~
[12:45 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: the stick is yours Tidas
[12:47 PM] ? ????? ? (Minister Foxclaw): I am excite to let all of you know that a new RP sim which is Medieval-fantasy based has thought about merfolk and has created us an amazing underwater rp area. Ashes of the Vales is the name (adult seach) or IM me for a LM. My mate Caspia is going to be the Queen, Indigo here along with myself will be elders on the council. We have 7 mer already and would like to invite you to come rnjoy some amazing stories that you write as a mer with us
[12:47 PM] ? ????? ? (Minister Foxclaw): Thank you!!!!
[12:47 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: you can drop the sl url here and I’ll make sure it goes in the log
[12:47 PM] Lily Lewellen: Oooo! Fun!
[12:48 PM] ? Caspian Lundquist ? (Caspian Lundquist): Tidas, drop me a notecard advert, and I’ll post it in my Mer RP promotion group!
[12:48 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: cool I can send my brother. but so help me if he comes home with an other human sword…
[12:48 PM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): so many cool things happening
[12:49 PM] ? ????? ? (Minister Foxclaw): http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Xian/199/116/1996
[12:49 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: okay anyone else want to share before I take my shot?
[12:49 PM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): we really try to encourage RP
[12:49 PM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): ee[
[12:49 PM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid) eeps.
[12:49 PM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): shots?
[12:49 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: stares, rp places, new products etc
[12:50 PM] ? ????? ? (Minister Foxclaw): there you go, in the landing area, go into the market, at the end on the left side you will see underwater deco, head to the entrance there and you’ll get an experience key to accpt and tp down
[12:50 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: I mean my share Grace I’m up to date on my vaccinations
[12:50 PM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): whew
[12:51 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: okay well here I go then lol
[12:51 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: Tala I’m Miranda and I come from Antiquity.
we have 16 sims to swim through, homes available, shopping spaces, mer spots, and active groups.
[12:51 PM] Lily Lewellen: Well with people licking the stick you’re bound to be immune to a lot of stuff
[12:51 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: lol
[12:51 PM] ?????? ????????ƒ (CorrinaRavenswing Resident): giggles
[12:51 PM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid) eeps.
[12:51 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: We are totally inclusive, kids, mers, furs, landers all welcome.
LGBT+ friendly, we even allow for mer toplessness under water.
[12:52 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: Just don’t flash the humans cause they faint. they get nosebleeds, that attracts sharks, more paper work for dad…
[12:52 PM] ?????? ????????ƒ (CorrinaRavenswing Resident): LOL
[12:52 PM] Ì????? (Kei Kawanishi): lol
[12:52 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: We are a light rp place but this also means you can im someone and ask if they wanna rp and you might get favorable results. We don’t have set stories each week so everyone is welcome to work out their own.
[12:53 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: we have a system called TCS. its a craft/trade/rp system that allows you to trade goods with other mers or landers. You can harvest and create things
[12:53 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: we also have shops and houses to rent here.
[12:53 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Antiquity%20Bexar/178/107/2
So if you have any questions, or need lms please shoot me an im. Persu em 🙂
[12:54 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: so any last minutes shares?
[12:55 PM] ? Caspian Lundquist ? (Caspian Lundquist): I have one for awareness, Miranda
[12:55 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: you have the stick
[12:55 PM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): so glad to see so many here
[12:55 PM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): very helpful
[12:55 PM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): the couch island event is going on now?
[12:55 PM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): anybody going to share on that??
[12:55 PM] ? ??????? ??’???????? ? (Vesper Absinthe): It is indeed, Grace!
[12:55 PM] ? ??????? ??’???????? ? (Vesper Absinthe): This is the last weekend.
[12:56 PM] ? ??????? ??’???????? ? (Vesper Absinthe): Today there are K-pop tribute goups until 4pm.
[12:56 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: Cas has the stick
[12:56 PM] ? ??????? ??’???????? ? (Vesper Absinthe): *groups
[12:56 PM] ? Caspian Lundquist ? (Caspian Lundquist): Tala everyone, I am Caspian. I just wanted to draw awareness to the incoming Linden Lab policy on child avatars, as it may affect Mer-children….it’s worth reading the new policy document by Linden lab, as even avatars like Miranda’s would be affected.
[12:56 PM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid) hushes
[12:56 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: sorry didn’t mean to shout that
[12:56 PM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): hello Caspian
[12:56 PM] ? ??????? ??’???????? ? (Vesper Absinthe): Sorry, Miranda, I was answering Grace.
[12:56 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: lol ok
[12:56 PM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): what does it come down to Caspian?
[12:56 PM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): any changes?
[12:57 PM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): I’m a troublemaker sorry Miranda
[12:57 PM] ? Caspian Lundquist ? (Caspian Lundquist): OK number 1: any avatar that might be construed as being a child will no longer be able to go to an Adult-rated Region
[12:57 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: yep
[12:57 PM] ? Caspian Lundquist ? (Caspian Lundquist): 2. Any child avatar must have a baked-on skin with modesty layers (pants and bra area)
[12:57 PM] Lily Lewellen: Always been in the rules but yeah
[12:57 PM] ? Caspian Lundquist ? (Caspian Lundquist): Not actually the case Lily
[12:57 PM] ? Caspian Lundquist ? (Caspian Lundquist): It’s coming in now
[12:57 PM] Lily Lewellen: backed on sea shells…
[12:57 PM] Lily Lewellen: *baked
[12:58 PM] Amadine Abonwood: Hey, unless I’m misunderstanding their stuff if we do anythign adult-ish around child avatars, INCLUDING (but not limited to) nudity doesn’t that get them in trouble?
[12:58 PM] ? Caspian Lundquist ? (Caspian Lundquist): No but they need to leave
[12:58 PM] Lily Lewellen: I was talking about the adult regions
[12:58 PM] ? Caspian Lundquist ? (Caspian Lundquist): That’s what I was talking about Lily
[12:58 PM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): some people are extremely sensitive to child avatar issues and I guess Lindens are trying to clarify
[12:58 PM] ? Caspian Lundquist ? (Caspian Lundquist): Prior to this it was possible for child avatars to go to Adult rated Regions as long as the Regions didn’t “promote” various activities
[12:58 PM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): yes
[12:58 PM] ? Caspian Lundquist ? (Caspian Lundquist): Now it’s going to be a very strict thing – cannot even set foot there
[12:59 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: and I have to buy a new skin that has undies and a bra that I can’t remove on it. which sucks because I love my skin and the creator is gone.
[12:59 PM] ? ??????? ??’???????? ? (Vesper Absinthe): The changes were intended to address sexualised ageplay between child and adult avatars, but the clarification seems to imply that if a child avatar is in the presence of nude avatars where nudity is promoted or accepted as a normal custom in that region, this will not be permitted, even if there is no sexual activity present.
[12:59 PM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): soooo the Haven sims
[12:59 PM] ? Caspian Lundquist ? (Caspian Lundquist): Or tail!
[12:59 PM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): are all adult rated
[12:59 PM] ? Caspian Lundquist ? (Caspian Lundquist): Indeed for instance Grace that would be a problem
[12:59 PM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): they have a huge mer mall now
[12:59 PM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid) nods
[12:59 PM] Lily Lewellen: I was always told no adult items near child avatars and if they saw the items in a house with child av furniture it was always a insta ban
[12:59 PM] ? Caspian Lundquist ? (Caspian Lundquist): So Miranda going to the Havens sim would be illegal
[12:59 PM] ? Caspian Lundquist ? (Caspian Lundquist): In that form at least
[12:59 PM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): not a problem so much as knowing the rules and staying within new boundaries
[01:00 PM] Ì????? (Kei Kawanishi): I’ve never seen an adulted rated sim that did not have the rule that children were not allowed. as far as i know its always been like that? lol but, i learn something new everyday lol
[01:00 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: I never verified my child avs so I can avoid those places
[01:00 PM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): I’ve gotten complaints about child avatars and protect their right to be as much as I do furries
[01:00 PM] ? Caspian Lundquist ? (Caspian Lundquist): Particualrly any mer girls need to be careful about the chest area
[01:00 PM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): but if Lindens put out something specifically we must respect it
[01:00 PM] ? Caspian Lundquist ? (Caspian Lundquist): needs to have baked-on skins with modesty layer. Just shells will not do
[01:00 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: in the past you just had to be verified as an adult in rl
[01:00 PM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): I have no idea what baked on is but I’m not a child
[01:01 PM] ? Caspian Lundquist ? (Caspian Lundquist): It means a skin with a painted on-clothing
[01:01 PM] ? ??????? ??’???????? ? (Vesper Absinthe): Like I said, this is very much to address a problem with sexualised ageplay problem in some parts of SL.
[01:01 PM] ? Caspian Lundquist ? (Caspian Lundquist): You cannot remove that
[01:01 PM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): oooooooh
[01:01 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: newbie skins
[01:01 PM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): Miranda – you need to make some attractive ones
[01:01 PM] ? ??????? ??’???????? ? (Vesper Absinthe): – that second problem.
[01:01 PM] Lily Lewellen: Bake on mesh is just layers, but for the child skins it has to be Barbie/Ken skins
[01:01 PM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): and put them in your mall
[01:01 PM] ? Caspian Lundquist ? (Caspian Lundquist): This is going to be enforced from the end of June
[01:01 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: I can’t make skins
[01:01 PM] Lily Lewellen: no nips and nono areas
[01:02 PM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): well you have a shop for child avatars Miranda
[01:02 PM] ? Caspian Lundquist ? (Caspian Lundquist): Right, but the way I interpret it, you could be in breach of the rules even if you’re clothed but using a non-compatible skin
[01:02 PM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): lets campaign for mer creators to make some and sell in your shop?
[01:02 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: yes but what I sell isn’t affected
[01:02 PM] Lily Lewellen: That’s what I read as well Caspian.
[01:02 PM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): <——————rabble rouser
[01:02 PM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): we do not want to lose Miranda!!
[01:03 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: I can’t sell skins because I can’t make them. I have to buy all new one and I really like this face
[01:03 PM] ? ??????? ??’???????? ? (Vesper Absinthe): Grace, there is the possibility that there will need to be a new rule here about topless women.
[01:03 PM] Rhodan Fishbottoms (Rhodan Fishtail): If I read the rules correctly, it is creators that are forced to only create child avatar skins with the built-in undies. Existing skins are unaffected, just need to be covered up properly.
[01:03 PM] Lily Lewellen: So, from what people are asking is if Maitreya Lara bodies with nipple mesh is a violation of the child avatar rules
[01:03 PM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): I’m saying maybe some of the creative creators may cooperate and help Miranda
[01:04 PM] ? Caspian Lundquist ? (Caspian Lundquist): Rhodan, no no. They will require everyone to wear compatible skins
[01:04 PM] ? Caspian Lundquist ? (Caspian Lundquist): You can’t just claim an old skin and cover up
[01:04 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: the way I interprited it is they won’t ban use from swf and anti if a mer goes topless… because its the culture only if I do
[01:04 PM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): well we are consistent with existing TOS and moderate rating
[01:04 PM] Rhodan Fishbottoms (Rhodan Fishtail): Where does it say that in the policy? I am reading it right now.
[01:04 PM] ? Caspian Lundquist ? (Caspian Lundquist): There was an interview with a Linden who clarified it. I’ll need to hunt (brb)
[01:04 PM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): boy I’ll check with my TOS expert on this
[01:04 PM] Rhodan Fishbottoms (Rhodan Fishtail): Ah, well that sucks.
[01:05 PM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): can everyone bring news next week or let us know and we’ll send notices
[01:05 PM] ? ??????? ??’???????? ? (Vesper Absinthe): The clarification seems to imply that if a child avatar is in the presence of nude avatars where nudity is promoted or accepted as a normal custom in that region, this will not be permitted, even if there is no sexual activity present.

There is literally a thing going on with Burn2 about either banning nudity or child avatars because of this.
[01:05 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: well they need to explain it with out double speak.
[01:05 PM] Lily Lewellen: yeah there was a forum where everyone was questioning about the new rules for child avatars
[01:05 PM] Amadine Abonwood: Not that I’m around a whole lot, but this basically means that when I am there’s nothing I’m gonna be doing anymore.
[01:05 PM] ? Caspian Lundquist ? (Caspian Lundquist): https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Clarification_of_policy_disallowing_ageplay
[01:05 PM] ? Caspian Lundquist ? (Caspian Lundquist): That’s the basic policy
[01:05 PM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): well I’m not going to require all mer to wear tops
[01:05 PM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): I think I would be assassinated
[01:06 PM] Lily Lewellen: There are a few skin creators that have modesty skins
[01:06 PM] ? Caspian Lundquist ? (Caspian Lundquist): This is the FAQ: https://lindenlab.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/31000173097-child-avatar-faq
[01:06 PM] Rhodan Fishbottoms (Rhodan Fishtail): Oh I just saw it in the FAQ, yeah all current skin without modesty layers are no longer allowed.
[01:06 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: i’d step down before I’d let you
[01:06 PM] Amadine Abonwood: I dunno why they can’t just make this whole thing simple…Adult Rating = No Childen, and Non-Adult Rating = No Nudity/Sex Stuff!
[01:06 PM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): Lily – could you please see if you can help Miranda get a good modesty skin and maybe sell
[01:06 PM] ???? ??s????? (Alec Absinthe): Covers will need to be worn, because you cannot have both now. They can and will shut down any region or sim that violates that.
[01:06 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: ran that by me again ama?
[01:06 PM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): topless has been huge issue in past
[01:07 PM] ? Caspian Lundquist ? (Caspian Lundquist): The photo examples in the FAQ are perhaps most instructive particualrly for the girl avatar
[01:07 PM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): men feel discriminated against (althouth they can go topless)
[01:07 PM] ? Caspian Lundquist ? (Caspian Lundquist): (the boy avatar is common sense – pants needed)
[01:07 PM] ? ??????? ??’???????? ? (Vesper Absinthe): “Engaging or participating in any event or location where nudity and/or sexual activity is present, encouraged and/or expected.” – this is the concerning bit involving child avatars and toplessness.
[01:07 PM] ???? ??s????? (Alec Absinthe): ^
[01:07 PM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): ok Velorium noted
[01:07 PM] Amadine Abonwood: If the region’s adult then no children, just like they have now. But if the reason is NOT adult then just make a rule that doesn’t allow nudity or adult stuff, like sex, BDSM, etc.
[01:07 PM] Lily Lewellen: sorry had to step away, rl
[01:07 PM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): lets close and let people just chat?
[01:08 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: I was told the topless thing would be fine.
[01:08 PM] Amadine Abonwood: THAT’S what they should just do to remedy all this crap!
[01:08 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: right
[01:08 PM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): I have to go inspect the mentor boards
[01:08 PM] ? Caspian Lundquist ? (Caspian Lundquist): anyway, that’s all I wanted to say. Raising awareness of the change!
[01:08 PM] Grace (Matriarch Mermaid): excuse me
[01:08 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: This meeting is now adjourned. Remember our SWF goals:

  • to assist those considering an underwater life
  • to increase awareness in the general public that there is an underwater option
  • to make mer resources (events, projects, groups, retailers, sims, designers) visible and easily accessible
  • to assist, as possible, with the viability of mer resources so they may continue to be available to the community
  • to promote the conservation of rl oceans, lakes and waterways and the nature that relies on them