105 SF Gathering 29 June 2024

[12:00 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: Welcome to Safe Waters Foundation weekly aquatic support gathering. My name is Miranda. I will be leading today’s meeting.

Welcome new and old aquatics and friends!
[12:00 PM] Jameelah (SIMONE Lyvette): tala ㋡
[12:00 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: tala ㋡
[12:01 PM] Dana Enyo: Talaa!
[12:01 PM] Rachel (SusanM123 Resident): tala
[12:01 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: Safe waters foundation (SWF) is a not-for-profit group supporting the development of harmony and safety for merfolk and aquatics of second life, we bring together designers, retailers, sims, merrow, mermen, mermaids, siren, aquatics and lovers of same.
[12:01 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: People seem to arrive late and depart early. Please don’t be offended but as leader I will try to keep the meeting going. We don’t repeat things for latecomers – a log is posted on our blog after the meeting. This is not a place for public debate – this is a helpful place. we all help each other slive an aquatic lifestyle.
[12:02 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: Because we usually have good attendance – please take a moment to remove all extra attachments and huds. We’d like you to dress low lag. Big poofy hair and jewelry are big culprits, as are bubbles, script things, huds, and such. If we all cooperate, more merfolk can participate with less crashing. Thank you for your help with this.
[12:02 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: So how was yer week seafolk?
[12:03 PM] Alyx (Alyx Ocean): Warm
[12:03 PM] Glida Pilote: Tala
[12:03 PM] Rachel (SusanM123 Resident): good hot
[12:03 PM] Dana Enyo: In this world just great. 🙂
[12:03 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: lol i hear that
[12:04 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: we have a few minutes anything new?
[12:05 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: okay then I guess we’ll move on ㋡
[12:05 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: Our priority today is support – we’re all here to help each other, cause we’re awesome like that.
[12:06 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: okay so the order is my introduction-done, introduce the new folks, sharing questions, ideas, and support to help each other-ie; tails, hair, bodies, AOs, requests, etc, then PSAs and promotion of events, sales or what ever else needs to be shared, then I close us out with our goals, maybe a group hug and picture.

So here we go!!
[12:06 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: Introductions
If you have brought someone new to this gathering, please introduce them now. If you are new and wish to introduce yourself please do so now.
just click on the podium to sit on it or sit were you are if thats just easier.
[12:06 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: A very short sentence is all that is needed – for example: hi, I am (your name) and I discovered aquatics (brief description of how you found us) and what I love about being aquatic is (explain here).
[12:07 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: so any new folk today?
[12:07 PM] Rachel (SusanM123 Resident): I mosty\ly new to the SL Mermaid world
[12:07 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: welcome Racheal tell us about that
[12:07 PM] Dana Enyo: Welcome Rachel!
[12:08 PM] Jameelah (SIMONE Lyvette): Welcome Rachel ㋡
[12:08 PM] Julia Ceres: welcome : )
[12:08 PM] Marion Sopwith (Marion698 Resident): tala Rachel:)
[12:08 PM] Alyx (Alyx Ocean): Tala Rachael 😀
[12:08 PM] Rachel (SusanM123 Resident): Always loved mermaids slowly getting the best things I can get for it love swiming the black seas
[12:09 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: do you have a favorite swim spot yet?
[12:09 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: nice ㋡
[12:09 PM] Rachel (SusanM123 Resident): here I spend most of the time
[12:09 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: thats great ㋡
[12:10 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: so welcome again and we’ll move on
[12:10 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: Questions and support requests
Now – what general questions can we discuss here today? Where do our aquatics need help? If you wish to share here – please im me so that I can call on you.
[12:11 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: popular topics are often AOs translators tails etc
[12:11 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: we can talk about anything mer if you need. so any one need help?
[12:13 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: so no pressing questions about sl merfolking. okay we can move on
[12:13 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: Quick reminders/announcements

Ad boards are awesome because they can help newer merfolk and aquatics find places to swim. If you need mer traffic, please consider renting an ad board.
[12:13 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: Perks include helping the group and being allowed to post ads in the group chat twice per week. Add in the fact that anyone can ask for the stick and that is great exposure.
[12:14 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: You might also consider being a hang out.

Be sure to visit the safe waters foundation web site and event calendar at https://swfsl.com/
[12:15 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: and now…
Public service announcements
Now we allow a limited time for publicity. Who has something fun to share? A store, new sim, event, or news? If you wish to share here – please im me so that I can call on you.
[12:15 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: When you are called on (and given our invisible talking stick) please swim up to this podium (so people can see you to im if needed) and share (very briefly and preferable in two or three sentences typed in advance as our meeting time is limited)
[12:15 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: so just Im me if you need the stick and Dana yer up ㋡
[12:16 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: hey Fina
[12:16 PM] Dana Enyo: Tala all!
[12:16 PM] Fɪɴᴀ 小貓 (Sapphira Franizzi): meow~
[12:16 PM] Jameelah (SIMONE Lyvette): Tala
[12:16 PM] Fɪɴᴀ 小貓 (Sapphira Franizzi): trying to get here before everything started rezzing
[12:16 PM] Dana Enyo: First, as some of you heard when you came in, I’ve been working with the new PBR Materials for about 4 months.
[12:16 PM] Marion Sopwith (Marion698 Resident): meow Fina
[12:16 PM] Dana Enyo: Most of you may finally be able to see my shiny PBR tail.
[12:17 PM] Marion Sopwith (Marion698 Resident): yes Dana!
[12:17 PM] Dana Enyo: Anyway, if you have questions about PBR, mirrors, the new viewers and that sort of stuff, please feel free to look me up! NO such thing as a dumb question!
[12:17 PM] Julia Ceres loves shiny stuff : )
[12:17 PM] Dana Enyo: Second thing:
[12:17 PM] Dana Enyo: I was at the Sails & Tails party last Saturday; the Summer Sailstice event.
[12:18 PM] Dana Enyo: There was me, and I think Julia and Glida, and Dale, who runs the whole thing
[12:18 PM] Dana Enyo: And I’m prettysure that was all the mers we had.
[12:18 PM] Julia Ceres: there was one other but i forget who
[12:18 PM] Dana Enyo: I do worry that if nobody shows up, we’re gonna lose that. And it really is unique.
[12:19 PM] Dana Enyo: One of the legged folk came down for a while
[12:19 PM] Julia Ceres: oh yes one fell in lol
[12:19 PM] Dana Enyo: Anyway, I hope next time we get more mers out. It REALLY is fun!
[12:19 PM] Dana Enyo: That’s it! Thanks!
[12:19 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: yay
[12:19 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: thank you ㋡
[12:20 PM] Rachel (SusanM123 Resident): let me know when and where if I can i WOLD LOVE TO COME
[12:20 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: Jameelah yer up
[12:20 PM] Jameelah (SIMONE Lyvette): Tala mers friends
[12:20 PM] Jameelah (SIMONE Lyvette): Special hello to Rachel
[12:21 PM] Jameelah (SIMONE Lyvette): I just wanted to encourage all to visit our wonderful exhibit at the SL21BD Event if you haven’t already.
[12:22 PM] Jameelah (SIMONE Lyvette): Let’s show our beautifu presence there.
[12:22 PM] Julia Ceres: if you drop a lm i will go after the meeting
[12:23 PM] Julia Ceres: in fact maybe we shoud all go
[12:23 PM] Rachel (SusanM123 Resident): me too
[12:23 PM] Jameelah (SIMONE Lyvette): I will plan more volunteer training by the end of summer.
[12:23 PM] Jameelah (SIMONE Lyvette): good idea Julia
[12:23 PM] Dana Enyo: Sink the sim! 🙂
[12:23 PM] Jameelah (SIMONE Lyvette): That’s it , enjoy your Saturday
[12:25 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: have an lm to that?
[12:25 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: I thought I did
[12:25 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: turns out I do not
[12:25 PM] Rachel (SusanM123 Resident): I need LM
[12:25 PM] Julia Ceres: ty : )
[12:25 PM] Rachel (SusanM123 Resident): ty
[12:25 PM] Jameelah (SIMONE Lyvette): yw ㋡
[12:25 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: ~Persu Em~
[12:25 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: Thank you
[12:25 PM] Glida Pilote: ty 🙂
[12:25 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/SLB%20Fabulous/127/200/21
[12:25 PM] Alyx (Alyx Ocean): Thanks 😀
[12:25 PM] Dana Enyo: TY Jameelah! I visited once but could never find it again!
[12:26 PM] Jameelah (SIMONE Lyvette): hehehe
[12:26 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: I love the fact we’re in fabulous
[12:26 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: okay any one else want to share before I do?
[12:26 PM] Dana Enyo smiles
[12:27 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: okey dokey takes the stick and twirls it
[12:27 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: Tala I’m Miranda and I come from Antiquity.
we have 16 sims to swim through, homes available, shopping spaces, mer spots, and active groups.
[12:28 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: We are totally inclusive, kids, mers, furs, landers all welcome and as always, we’re LGBT+ friendly.
[12:28 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: We are a light rp place but this also means you can im someone and ask if they wanna rp and you might get favorable results. We don’t have set stories each week so everyone is welcome to work out their own.
[12:29 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: we’re also in SLB again this year at SLB
[12:29 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: both the shark and the orca are trained not to attack
[12:30 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: the clams though I can’t vouch for them
[12:30 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: we have a system called TCS. its a craft/trade/rp system that allows you to trade goods with other mers or landers. You can harvest and create things.
[12:30 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: we also have shops and houses to rent here,

So if you have any questions, or need lms please shoot me an im. Persu em 🙂
[12:31 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: you can also ask here but some folk are shy.
[12:31 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: would any one else like to share?
[12:32 PM] Dana Enyo: Oh! LAST TWO DAYS of the Relay For Life campaign year!
[12:32 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: oh whoa really?
[12:32 PM] Dana Enyo: ENds tomorrow. Throw some spare L$ in the kiosk on the wall!
[12:32 PM] Fɪɴᴀ 小貓 (Sapphira Franizzi): mrrrrrrrrp~
[12:32 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: can you elaborate? I thought we ran it all year long
[12:32 PM] Dana Enyo: RELAY ends June 30
[12:33 PM] Dana Enyo: Then we go into “off season.” Other events happen, but the count starts.
[12:33 PM] Dana Enyo: AT THIS MOMENT: $460,517.00
[12:33 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: the kiosk doesn’t seem to allow for a custom amount
[12:34 PM] Dana Enyo: Oh! That’s weird; you’re right.
[12:34 PM] Dana Enyo: OH! Its a VENDOR.
[12:34 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: I’m short… both literally and financially
[12:34 PM] Dana Enyo: There’s a donation kiosk at the main TP point
[12:34 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: that would explain it
[12:34 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: ok I’ll have a look after
[12:34 PM] Dana Enyo: Yes, it’s the Mermen calendar I think
[12:35 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: lol
[12:35 PM] Dana Enyo: Anyway, there isa 6-hour dance party this afternoon…
[12:35 PM] Dana Enyo: the last bash of my Seekers of Hope team
[12:35 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: oh wow
[12:35 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: thats a lotta dancing
[12:35 PM] Dana Enyo: All live music
[12:36 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: can you drop an slurl?
[12:36 PM] Dana Enyo: Dang, I KNEW you would ask that! One sec…
[12:36 PM] Jameelah (SIMONE Lyvette): ㋡
[12:36 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: we really gotta get on making fast dances to keep up with lander music styles
[12:37 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: lol
[12:37 PM] Dana Enyo: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Veterans%20Isle/128/128/1499
[12:38 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: I think we can totally pull swing
[12:38 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: thanks Dana. what do you guys think? dance styles mers can do?
[12:39 PM] Dana Enyo: Gee, I use every legged dance I’ve got except the tangos
[12:39 PM] Dana Enyo: they look REALLY weird
[12:39 PM] Julia Ceres: lol
[12:39 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: I can’t is my problem
[12:40 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: I imagine they do but if gorgus can make fighting moves, I think we can pull off a few
[12:41 PM] Rachel (SusanM123 Resident): agree
[12:41 PM] Julia Ceres: i can use them but making them is witchcraft
[12:43 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: if I could get mocap… water proof mocap…. and a monofin I might pull it off…
[12:43 PM] Dana Enyo: OK! HEre’s a brand new Relay Kiosk, all set to go
[12:43 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: gracious
[12:43 PM] Dana Enyo: We’re at L$30,200 for the team
[12:43 PM] Dana Enyo: and now L$30,500
[12:44 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: nice ㋡
[12:44 PM] Dana Enyo: Hey, L$31,000! Thank you!
[12:44 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: sweet!
[12:45 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: you guys rock
[12:45 PM] Dana Enyo: Imagine 107 million Lindens it little batches like that. Amazes me every year.
[12:45 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: I know right?
[12:45 PM] Dana Enyo: 🙂
[12:46 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: okay shall we adjourn the meeting?
[12:46 PM] Dana Enyo: TY Miranda!
[12:48 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: ok ㋡
[12:49 PM] Miranda Barrowstone: This meeting is now adjourned. Remember our SWF goals:

  • to assist those considering an underwater life
  • to increase awareness in the general public that there is an underwater option
  • to make mer resources (events, projects, groups, retailers, sims, designers) visible and easily accessible
  • to assist, as possible, with the viability of mer resources so they may continue to be available to the community
  • to promote the conservation of rl oceans, lakes and waterways and the nature that relies on them

Now go mingle and explore! Thanks for joining us this day!!